Monday, April 1, 2019

3rd time's the charm

I'll be heading down to Harper's Ferry once again, aiming to hike south on the AT for about 3 weeks and hoping for an uncrowded trail at first. Once I run into the oncoming mass of northbound thru-hikers (and the "no-walk" norovirus that is the scourge of central VA about then) I will then skip out to Lynchburg VA and catch the train to Georgia. I will then start north around the beginning of May, maybe before the college graduates flock to Springer. This way I might be able to stay tucked in between the largest waves of hikers -- wishful thinking since the trail is always well trodden this time of year. I will hike up to where I got off the trail in VA, finishing the 1000 miles of the southern AT by the end of June. That will leave only the Mt. Washington to Katahdin section to do in September, completing my 3rd complete AT.

That's the plan, anyway. As I have learned, best laid plans rarely go the way you expect.

This time around I won't try for an active record of my travels, just the occasional postcard posting to mark the passage.

No comments:

Post a Comment