Friday, May 22, 2015

Bear Mt.

I found this assemblage on a rock on the approach to Bear Mt., which overlooks the Hudson and from which you can see a bit of Manhattan on a clear day. It was too hazy yesterday.



Clearly the detritus of a philosopher, so I likewise seek to find some meaning in this. Beats me, just another wanderer shedding the weight, if not the worries.
Coincidentally, one of the left behind books was Seneca's Letters from a Stoic. My first night out on the trail way back in April I stayed at Crampton Gap shelter. Among those there were a young couple from Baltimore, just out for the night hoping to sleep since the sirens from the rioting over the sad death of Freddie Gray kept them up the previous night. The guy was reading this same title.

No comments:

Post a Comment